Media Relations Manager - seriously impressive listed Property and Retail developer
||£50k - 60k per Annum + impressive benefits
This listed retail property developer is looking for an energetic, driven and proactive Media Relations Manager to show their creativity and join their lively and friendly Corporate Communications team. You will be exposed to senior management from day one who look to the communications team for advise and guidance. You have limitless opportunities to use videos and social media to reach stakeholders and demonstrate your media relations talent. The pace is fast and feels like an agency, the office are naturally fabulous and the company benefits will make your eyes water! B2b is the name of the game so, alongside supporting with financial results and crisis and issues management. If you think it’s time to move in-house, this brand name won’t disappoint.
This listed property developer has a substantial portfolio of assets across various countries which brands them as a major player in the industry and makes them an exciting organisation to join. They are currently working on a variety of high profile projects so there will always be something to talk about and pitch into the media who will want to listen. It’s an exciting business, based in fantastic offices in London and full of passionate, demanding and social individuals. A good sized team, reporting directly into the Head of Communications where you’re a linchpin in getting great media results so bring that contact book with you.
Key challenges and opportunities in this Media Relations Manager role:
- You will be the go-to for the media – nationals, broadcast and trade. Existing relationships will help you in the property and or retail press to achieve success in this role but it is also expected for you to build on this
- You will get to learn the business inside out and become an expert - it is expected that you will network with department heads so you know the ins and outs of the business each day
- You will own the relationships with key property and retail journalists (national, trade and broadcast) for the proactive campaigns for the team
- Retail is a challenging sector and your issues management skills will be honed and being part of the coporate comms team means you support in managing messaging aroung financial results
- Enjoy getting fast sign-off, having limitless opportunities to come up with creative campaigns and they are happy to use social and digital too so get creative!
- Confidence is key for you to hold your own and be taken seriously in this impressive business
- The bar is high to enter but you will be looked after there after
Key attributes and experience for this Media Relations Manager role:
- You will be working in-house as a Communications Manager perhaps for a property firm or retailer or be working as an Account Director in a PR agency (Senior Account Managers will also be considered if you are a high performer)
- Ideally you will have a good knowledge of property press and/or retail press and pride yourself on being a good writer
- A passion for media relations and confident at selling stories
- Ability and emotional intelligence to deal with lots of different type of stakeholders (journalist, CEO, retailers, local authorities etc)
- Energised, a team player with creative flair and initiative
- You are energetic in your approach and people describe you as a team player
- Strong ability to operate autonomously and make independent decisions when required
To be considered for this Media Relations Manager role please click to apply.
For more details on this role and similar roles, contact Sarah Leembruggen on 020 7559 6597 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our website for our newest in-house and agency positions -
Back to jobs
Add to shortlist