If you’re looking for your next career move, then you’ll probably need help from a search consultancy. However, every consultancy works differently so how do you know The Works is right for you? To help you understand what to expect when working with us, why we are a cut-above the rest and what we expect from you.
Our consultants are chosen for their integrity, intelligence and professionalism. When working with you, we will always -
1. Be honest and discrete when communicating with you
2. We will keep you informed at every stage of the process
3. We understand the importance of confidentiality and nothing is done without your permission
4. Provide you with objective advice about the marketplace and salaries
5. We will interview you thoroughly, listen to what you want, offer advice and suggest opportunities which are in tune with your this
6. We will also ensure our clients are provided with a detailed interview report about you in support of your CV so we represent you well
7. Our consultants will ensure they understand your experience and what is important to you in your career and offer career advice where we can
8. We will recommend ways to improve your CV if appropriate
9. Before an interview with a company we will brief you thoroughly about the client and their requirements to help with your interview preparation and confidence
10. We will help you with your interview techniques and prepare you so that you feel ready for the interview
A few facts about us -
We pull off data every year and in 2018, 96% of our job offers were accepted because of our careful matching.
We also know, that if we find you three ‘well matched’ first interviews, you will be asked for a second interview by two of them (minimum) and you will be offered a job with one of them.
We have achieved an average salary increase of 12% of your basic salary when you move jobs. That’s probably a little more than your average pay rise.
42% of our roles last year were with companies we have never placed professionals with before. We are always looking out for new roles for you.
What we will expect from you -
In turn, we will need a certain amount from you to ensure we can help you to the best of our ability. Therefore we would ask that you follow these guidelines when liaising with our consultants:
1. Treat your initial meeting with your consultant like a first stage interview with a company. This will enable us to gauge your interview skills and give you professional advice - look the part and be prepared to talk about your skills and achievements in detail
2. Return our calls/emails as soon as possible, and always call in with your feedback after an interview
3. Channel all communications with clients we’re introducing you to through us to avoid any confusion
4. Provide us with accurate and up-to-date information, so if your salary increases or if you move house, please let us know
5. Tell us if you secure a role we’re not handling or if your requirements change in any way
The Works Search specialise in placing PR and corporate communications with some of the most exciting companies in London. Do get in touch on 0207 903 9290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you’re a highflyer looking for a step up or indeed if you need support with finding a hidden gem for your team.