No doubt by this stage the interviewer has told you lots about the company and the role, and you might be sitting there thinking, 'you have covered everything, what can I possibly ask?’ Asking a question in such a situation can be a daunting prospect anyway, never mind that they have most likely answered anything you could have asked.
To help you feel prepared, we recommend that you have a few non-job specific questions up your sleeve (as at least 3 are likely to have been spoken about already).
Here we go :
1. ‘Why do you enjoy working here?’ or ‘What attracted you to join the company?’ (If they joined less than a year ago)
2. ‘What's the biggest challenge in the role?’
3. ‘What does a typical day look like?’
4. ‘What's the one thing you don't want to tell me about the role?’ (Said with a smile)
5. ‘What are the most pressing priorities?’
We could continue but these are a good starting point. We would love to hear your gems for questions: please do share them with us at @theworksrecruit
The Works specialises in placing high flyers in PR and corporate communications. We have a strong track record of placing with professional services and offer career-making advice. Do get in touch if you would like our support building your team.